Soft and pulpy, Muskmelon has a soft consistency with a juicy texture. With thin pale green-colored skin and a cluster of tiny seeds in the center, this succulent sweet-tasting fruit can be used in making various shakes, salads, and desserts.
- Muskmelons have cooling properties. They are good for the skin and help in weight loss.
- Also cures constipation, bladder infections, and fatigue.
- Folic acid, which is essential for pregnant women to prevent natural defects in the fetus is abundantly present in musk melon.
- Good source of vitamin C, potassium, and dietary fiber.
Storage and Uses
- Store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Cut and serve chilled muskmelons. Muskmelons can be eaten fresh.
- They are used in making fruit salads, custard, milkshakes, juices, and lassi.
- Mix, chop, or mash muskmelons with sugar and cardamom powder.
- Wash, dry, and roast the muskmelon seeds to make a crispy, healthy snack.
- Spread these seeds in slices of bread, buns, and sandwiches